Saturday, August 2, 2008

Spiritual Sundays

It is Spiritual Sunday at Charlotte's at
http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/2008/08/first-spiritual-sundays-sharing.html go there to participate.Love this quote from Kierkegaard--(I don't know to much about his theology--but you have to love this quote)

"When it is a question of a sinner He does not merely stand still, open his arms and say, 'Come hither'; no, He stands there and waits, as the father of the lost son waited, rather He does not stand and wait, He goes forth to seek, as the shepherd sought the lost sheep, as the woman sought the lost coin. He goes--yet no, He has gone, but infinitely farther than any shepherd or any woman, He went, in sooth, the infinitely long way from being God to becoming man, and that way He went in search of sinners."

10 comments:

Charlotte said...

This is very good. Thanks for your participation in this new endeavor.

Ruthie said...

Enjoyed your post. Found you through Spiritual Sundays.
Blessings.

Unknown said...

This is a new quote to me. It's very thought provoking. I'm glad that you shared it. I will save it into my quote collection.

Blessings, KJ
California

Carrie said...

This is a wonderful analysis of God's love for us, and of His reaching out to save us. Thanks for sharing.

Musings of A Minister said...

I studied Kierkegaard in a college philosophy Class but I have never heard this quote. It's a good one! Thanks for dropping by my blog today. I have heard of the book you mentioned but I have yet to read it. Yes, we are only pilgrims here for awhile.

Cherdecor said...

Hello Nannykim, Thank you for posting comment on my post today. I am glad to meet you.

I have never heard this quote before but it is a good one. I will look forward to reading more of your posts.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Beautiful quote! Thanks for sharing.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

This is new to me, it's very interesting and thought provoking. Our Father's love for us is never ending.

Have a glorious Sonday!
Kathi :)

Betty said...

Very touching and inspiring quote, Kim. How have you been? It's been a while since we visited each other.

Have a good week.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Hello Nannykim, I read this on Sunday and I thought I posted a comment, I guess I just thought I did. It is a great poem. Thank-you for coming by on Spiritual Sunday. Charlotted and I are so excited about this! I like your new devotional blog what a great idea.
Have a wonderful day,
ginger