Sunday, September 6, 2009

The rejection of rejection

It is spiritual sunday at spiritual sundays


I have been reading Paul David Tripp's little book called -- A Shelter in the Time of Storm. It is a small study on Psalm 27:10

His book really speaks to me and he has just some 2-3 page little devotionals, but they are very thought provoking. Here is one of them--they are sometimes poems (don't worry this is short because of the short lines):

My father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me in. Psalm 27:10

Unthinkable
irrational
impossible to conceive.
The Trinity
torn asunder.
The Son
wrenched from His Father.
Salvation realized.
I am
the thief.
I am
the gossip.
I am
the rebel.
I have wanted
my own way
in
my own time
at
my appointed place.
I have rebelled
against Your law
and I have
set up my own.
I deny
Your kingship
while building
a kingdom of my own.
I think
my wisdom
is wiser than You.
I think
my plan
is better than Yours.
I crave
the sovereignty
that only You should have.
But You did
the inconceivable;
You accomplished
the undoable.
You stood
in my place
and You satisfied
God's wrath.
But
in the process,
the Three in One
was torn in two.
in the process,
the Father
did the most painful thing
that has ever been done.
He turned His back
on You.
You withstood
this pain
so that I would never have to.
You took my
rejection
so that I would only ever have
acceptance.
So, I can
rest assured,
I can
live in hope,
I can enjoy true peace,
because I know
that You are always with me.
For long ago
on the cross
Your rejection
was for me
the final rejection of rejection.

Take a Moment

1. In what ways would your practical, daily living change if you lived with a deep and lively sense of appreciation fr the horror of the rejection Jesus faced for You?

2. Where is God calling you to offer to others the same love and grace that you have been given?

12 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

You are right this is thought provoking. I'm so glad that you shared this today. I like small devotions books like that.
God Bless,
Ginger

Mary said...

I was just watching a Christian telecast...the message was similar..."a true believer submits to the Lordship of Jesus Christ". So powerful! Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.


God bless,
Mary

Saleslady371 said...

This is rich to contemplate. It is taking my rejection to the next level...so good.

Charlotte said...

I had never thought of it in exactly this way before. Thank you for this important lesson.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Susan said...

We don't fully comprehend the price that was paid by both Father God and Jesus for our redemption. Thank God we can accept it!!!!
Susan

Cathy said...

Thank you for that thought provoking post. What a price our Lord paid for us! And thank you for your visit and sweet comment today.

Unknown said...

Wonderful. Thank you so much for your comment on my post today. I so agree with you, how God uses our creativity to help us through rough times. I always tell my friends, when you see a flurry of artwork being created by me, know that I am just trying to change my mind. Sometimes I almost feel when I have surrendered something to the Lord, that I am given a creative inspiration...just like you would give your child a coloring book and crayons to distract them.

How lovely that we live in a country where we are free to share our faith. Our blessed Spiritual Sunday is to give us a venue to share our faith.

Blessings, Karen

rcubes said...

Great message to evaluate our walk with the Lord...Thanks for sharing. God bless.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi,
Amen , this speaks the truth. I love psalm 27, it's my favorite.
Have a blessed week. 8-)
~Myrna

molly jean said...

Lovely post.
It is so hard to imagine the physical suffering Christ endured and to think that there was so much more than that! Also, I wanted to agree with the comment you left at Judy's blog about creativity.

molly jean said...

whoops, not Judy's blog but Karen's. I forgot which trail of blogs I followed to get to yours.

Ms.Daisy said...

Answer to question #1: I would and should be on my knees a whole lot more thanking Him. Thank you for sharing this with us today. Thank you for your nice comment on my post today.

Blessings,
Jean