Monday, August 3, 2020

In the Dark night a Christmas hymn



I found this music very moving and beautiful .  In the comments on youtube someone put a basic translation:

In the dark night, over Bethlehem, The clear dawn was gone, the earth covered with light. Holy Virgin, Holy Bride, In the den of the poor Son gave birth. Refrain: Sleep, Jesus, Sleep, Little, Sleep, you, star, mine. Your fate, my dear, I sing to you. Gently kissed, covered with a cloth, She put to bed, quietly started the song: You grow up, You, Son, You will become an adult, In the world you will go, My baby. Chorus: Sleep, Jesus ... The love of the Lord and the truth of God You, in a world of faith, will bring your people, The truth will live, the shackles of sin will break But on Calvary, My child will die. Refrain: Sleep Jesus Jesus sleep little baby Sleep, you, my star Your fate, my dear I sing to you ... Sleep Jesus Jesus sleep little baby Sleep, you, my pink blossom And with hope in You The whole world is watching!

No comments: